Due to a major renovation project for our heating/cooling system, the library will be closed from Monday, May 22nd through Monday, May 29th. We plan to reopen on Tuesday, May 30th, but there may be additional service changes until work is completed.
As with many renovation projects, these dates are subject to change, so please stay tuned to our website and social media for the latest updates.
Monday, May 22nd - Monday, May 29th
- LIBRARY CLOSED
- No items will be due. Returned items will not be checked in. The outside bookdrop will remain open, but we encourage you to keep your items if possible as we will be unable to check them in until the library reopens (and it may take up to a week to work through the backlog of items). As a reminder, we no longer charge overdue fines for most items!
- Holds will not expire.
- Wifi available outside the library. Connect to our free wireless internet, which extends out to our parking lot and the Discovery Garden Park (network "Library Wireless" - no password needed).
- Visit mcfarlandlibrary.org to access your account, our online catalog, and other resources: digital ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, streaming video and music, Consumer Reports, CreativeBug, Transparent Language and more.
Tuesday, May 30th - Monday, June 5th
- LIBRARY OPEN
- Please allow up to 1 week for items to be checked in and removed from your account.
- HVAC work may cause temperature and/or noise issues.
- Community meeting room not available.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility after we reopen as we navigate possible disruptions. There may be delays in checking in items and processing holds as we work through the backlog from the closure.