Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 AM – 5:45 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM - 1:15 PM
For the safety of our community and staff, the library is currently closed to the public. To support social distancing, the library is operating with limited staff. We will fill your holds as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Materials from other libraries will take longer than usual to arrive, due to delivery changes, staffing at other libraries, and quarantine protocols. All incoming items are quarantined for at least 4 days before checking them in (may take longer depending on staffing levels).
STEP 1: Place your items on hold
- Use LINKcat to place items on hold: www.linkcat.info
- Call us at 608-838-9030 and we will place holds for you.
- You will be notified via email, text or phone when your hold is ready.
STEP 2: Arrange an appointment
- Once you receive notification that your holds are ready, schedule online or call 608-838-9030 to arrange a time for pick up.
- Online scheduling only available if you have holds waiting. Please call to schedule a time to pick up book bundles, craft kits, or other special circumstances.
- Make sure to enter the correct library card number and PIN. If either of these numbers are incorrect, the system will say you don't have any holds available. If you have forgotten your PIN, contact us at 608-838-9030.
- If you would like to pick up holds for other family members, please let us know in the Reservation Notes field when you make your appointment.
- Using CDC & health department protocols, staff will pull your items, check them out to your account, bag them and attach a hold slip with your name on it. (If you have questions about our safety procedures, please give us a call or send an email).
STEP 3: Pick up your items
- Our pickup location is on the north side of the library on Anthony Street (across from Spartan Pizza and the food pantry).
- Look for a white sandwich board sign indicating where to park.
- Call 608-838-2347 when you arrive (if you don't have a cell phone, please call before you leave home).
- Please pop your trunk or roll down a backseat window if possible to minimize contact. We will put the bag of items in your vehicle.
- STAFF ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT RETURNED ITEMS AT THE CURBSIDE. If you have items to return, place them in the overnight book drop on the east side (Milwaukee St) side of the building. Please do not try to give them to staff who are delivering your items to the curb.
- Staff are not allowed to take hold requests at the curbside. Please call 608-838-9030 and staff are happy to help you place a hold or make a reading recommendation. You can also place your own holds by visiting www.linkcat.info.
- No overdue fines for items checked out at our library.
- The library is following CDC and Dane County Public Health recommendations for COVID-19 safety, including:
- Quarantining returned items for at least 96 hours before check-in.
- Wearing masks and gloves while handling materials.
- Disinfecting library surfaces and equipment frequently.
- Maintaining appropriate social distances between staff members and during curbside delivery to patrons.
- Limiting the number of staff in the building at any given time to make social distancing easier.